Friday, June 3, 2016

Closer to Home

Shall we go for a picnic? Lets go for shopping. Are we going for the Wang (Blessing)? The answers to the questions are always a NO. A polite NO with pretty good excuses.

Are you going to play the upcoming football tournament? Are you taking part in these and that.....all out of home.... A delightful Yes! Basically, he likes to go out and encourages me to go out as well. He often said, he missed his free bachelor life.

When we first married, he was the one who gave me lots of love and attention. He loved to spent more time together with me. He once asked for a date over a Dzongkha movie which now he never watches even if its compulsory. After marriage, it became just the opposite. I was the one seeking attention instead. My married life became unromantic day by day. I was the housekeeper and our home was just a shelter. I wanted him to spend more time with me but for him, his friends and social life was more important. I think this is the point of time when most husband and wife faces controversies. Husbands misses their free life while wives want to see them fulfill their promises.

He was playing endless football tournaments when I was pregnant. I earnestly wished him to stay by my side, comforting me and listening to me. I am not telling that he did not care me at all.  He did all the household chores and prepared delicious meals every time. He is a good cook and I always proudly tell this to almost all my friends. By the time he comes home, it will be already dark. Then he would do the cleaning, washing and prepare dinner. I would be already angry when he returned home and there would be not much of talking by then. 

After Thuksel, my life changed a lot. He play games, he goes out but he has time for us. He loves going out with us, loves taking pictures and spending time at home. He takes care of our son more than I do and he cares me too. He quit drinking and that's the biggest appreciation I have.

I thank you Thuksel, for bringing your dad closer to you, closer to me and closer to home. You did what I can't! I hope you will always do what I can't and what I didn't even think of in your life. I don't know how long this happiness will last as everything is impermanent but will always be thankful for the happiness both of you give me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Habit of being Proactive

I've finished reading the first habit of effectiveness, "Be Proactive," and I want to share what I've learned. Being proac...