Sunday, January 27, 2013

Remembering Bygone Days I.


 The past four years were the most indelible moments of my life. When I first joined college in 2009, four years sounded like eternity. I would often wonder, When will the training period end? What am I going to do in such a long time? Or am I gonna go out of here a little older and a little taller? (hehe) Now it’s already 2013 and I am out of there. Looking back now and answering the questions I used to ask myself, those four years passed me without even a warning notice. I learned many things and I am loaded with lots of unforgettable carefree memories. The only sad thing is I am still the same little Dechen both in height and size, haha.

The days were as tough as drinking a cup of tea. Others say “not as easy as drinking a cup of tea” but I say TOUGH because drinking a cup of tea to me is not an easy task. One will end up burning one’s mouth if one didn’t check if it’s hot, or the tea would not be tasty if it cooled too much. We need to know when and how to drink the tea exactly if we were to experience the best taste of the tea. Likewise, we were required to know the right time to do every task and needed to balance between studies and enjoyment.

My class photo.


I had my own share of Tea to drink in various flavor. Sometimes very hot, sometimes cold and at times I ended up spilling. Nevertheless, those tinsy little moments made my life enjoyable, challenging, funny and ineffaceable. All of us joined superbly young, active, innocent and curious. By the passage of time we became aged, lazy and a little egoistic but ardent and confident. Although we were busy with our own studies and assignments we never missed chances to enjoy. We are not the best beings but everyone of us have something good to look at and I can confidently say that we are a fresh batch of dynamic young teachers impatient to join our education system.


The Sweet Six.

From left- Tshering Lham, Phub Gyem,Choki Wangmo, Chado Om,
Yangka  Dem and myself.
We were only six of us. Being less in number gave us more challenges and difficulties although our boys used to treat us heavenly. COMPULSORY is the case in everything. We have to be there in every activity. The same face, six of us in dance, in sports, in SUPW and in everything. We would always envy other classes with more numbers of girls. Even so, we took it as an opportunity and tried to attend and do everything possible like others. In other fields we were quite fine but when it came to Basket Ball and Volley Ball….ahhh…..not to mention the confusions and misunderstandings. From six, all five of us were almost nil in sports but giving up would mean a fine of certain amount. So, we dragged our feet ineptly and played to lose every time. I wished to at least serve a service once in volley ball but I completed 4 years just filling in the space like an effigy. I would never extend myself to touch the ball; in fact even the ball didn’t extend towards me.haha However, all those moments remain deep-seated in our minds becoming sweet sweet memories now. I won’t regret for not enjoying my College life!

                                                                                                to be continued................


7 comments:

  1. Its pretty touching post you have written. Every words of yours fits into my life as exactly as the finished jigsaw puzzle. All the best as the lighter of those innocent candles. Salute for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its pretty touching post you have written. Every words of yours fits into my life as exactly as the finished jigsaw puzzle. All the best as the lighter of those innocent candles. Salute for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its pretty touching post you have written. Every words of yours fits into my life as exactly as the finished jigsaw puzzle. All the best as the lighter of those innocent candles. Salute for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its pretty touching post you have written. Every words of yours fits into my life as exactly as the finished jigsaw puzzle. All the best as the lighter of those innocent candles. Salute for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Penden and Monu for your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. College life is but best for every one.
    Interesting Post.
    Good luck ahead friend!..

    ReplyDelete

The Habit of being Proactive

I've finished reading the first habit of effectiveness, "Be Proactive," and I want to share what I've learned. Being proac...