Sunday, June 1, 2014

IS IT A LIE?

I don't understand politics and high level talks. I don't know why, but I often have problems understanding big things or something requiring many procedures to be done. By the virtue of our beloved monarchs and my own past merit, by the nature of the place I live in, I was happy, satisfied and doing my regular duties. Few days back, while I am returning from the class I was shocked to see many of my fellow teachers with a head phone each and some sharing with others. Its an unusual scenario of our staff room. They were listening so attentively.

I was curious and asked them, what are they listening to and they told me that our pay is going to be raised and they are listening to the parliament session on radio. The first thought that struck me was "No, it is impossible." I thought so because I heard and know that our country is having lots of debts. I am at least aware of our economic conditions though I stay in a remote part of our country. I had my next class, so I had to go.

After class I checked BBS website and found out that we will get 20% pay increment and housing allowance as well. As soon as I saw the news, I got convinced after all BBS is a nation wide media. The doubt and question that came to my mind before no longer bothered me. I was delighted, so was my fellow teachers until today. We didn't understand why. There are so may WHY in our minds. Why did they give us false happiness? Is it a lie? Are we being cheated? Is this how things work? Is this GNH? How did the percentage decrease from 19-25% to 4-10%?

Our dear government, We are happy and satisfied. It is okay even if u can't increase our pay. Government is paying us and we are surviving. We expect you to function for the benefits of our country and make a stronger Bhutan. It is well and good if you can do it but even if you can't we won't blame you. All we need is to see and understand that Bhutan is going in the right way. We are all human beings. We understand that we have economic crisis. We won't expect if you explain us, why you can't do certain tasks instead of giving us false information. As a citizen of Bhutan, we have Right to Information. We elected you to help us get our right. Not to take it away. As a nation builder and a youth, I personally think this type of things shouldn't happen in Bhutan and I can't believe this is actually happening.

It disturbed us mentally and I am sure it disturbed all civil servants of Bhutan. We were doing good. We even didn't think about it. And the feeling after this incident is awful. We pledge you, we don't want to feel this way. We want to feel cared and regarded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Habit of being Proactive

I've finished reading the first habit of effectiveness, "Be Proactive," and I want to share what I've learned. Being proac...