Saturday, April 6, 2013

In TANG.......

It’s been almost 2 months since I didn’t write on my blog. Blogging is something I love doing though my writing is not that good. Although I am not a regular blogger, I really miss doing it these days because I don’t have access to internet.hehe. “We know the value of something, by the want of it”, truly said! I regret for complaining about the speed of wireless connection back in college, now that I don’t have any access to internet and broadband connection is ten times slower than the slow wireless connection in college.
After my RCSE selection test, I am placed here in Tang Middle Secondary School under Bumthang Dzongkhag. TANG, as it sounds, has a remarkable and beautiful meaning. Legends have it that Guru Rinpoche created a wooden airplane in which the mythological KHI-KHA-RA-THOE and his descendants took off and landed here in Tang (creating the sound TANG), hence the place got its name. It’s unbelievable that Guru created Aeroplane before Wright Brothers did. And the place where the airplane landed still exist, the place is now known as Kii-zom (was initially Khyi-zom).
Tang M. S. S is 17km feeder road drive away from the historic Tang Mebartsho (the burning Lake). It’s an isolated valley surrounded by ridges and foersts. I oftenly wish I could see houses and lives on the opposite sides of the school. During the first few days here, I felt like I have been put in a well, enclosed and dry. Nevertheless I am getting used to it now.
We have our first batch of class 10 and IT elective section of students this year with 24 teachers. Like in any other schools in rural Bhutan, students here are raw, innocent and obedient. It sounds uninteresting to say this but the standard of study here is kind of low.
Life in Tang is letting me experience the real taste of life. It’s like I have lived my life in a FANTASY I LIKE till now. I was with parents, friends, with elders; I always had someone to hold on to. For the past 4 years, I had my two precious friends to cling on, and now I am here…..All alone- This is what impermanence is on a smaller scale.
Every day, I go to school, teach, and come back home, plan for next day. Each day ends like this in a monotone. There is no spice to life. At the end of the day, when I could not close my eyes, I wonder and ask to myself……..where in the point of my life did I reach? Am I really grown up now? Am I really supposed to work on my own and earn a living?
Confused and dejected, depressed and crest fallen, I only have a reason for living here. A goal to fulfill, a wish to achieve……. “TO GROOM THE FUTURE OF BHUTAN”.

1 comment:

  1. Its good to see you back with nice piece and hope you will keep writing now.
    I suppose everyone of us has that 'small kid' in us; but I am sure you will do great...All the best..

    ReplyDelete

The Habit of being Proactive

I've finished reading the first habit of effectiveness, "Be Proactive," and I want to share what I've learned. Being proac...