Thursday, August 9, 2012

With Sogyal Rinpoche.


I read a lot of fiction novels. They were really interesting to the point that I can't stop reading once I start. The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying was the first book i read on philosophy and unlike fiction novels, it took me almost 7 months to read. Although I found it interesting when I read it but I didn't understand why i kept myself away from it. I would only read a page in a day, sometimes not even that much. I think may be its because of the defilement's and obscurations I have. I read, put it down and pick it up again. It puts into words the most difficult concepts, yet it is so deep in meanings that it takes awhile for me to digest. 



 Some times I think it was an opportunity for me to stay with Sogyal Rinpoche for a long time because I never lost the hope of reading that book even though it took me really long. I would at least pick up that book once a day, think of how Rinpoche explains the reality of this world and the nature of our mind in very simple words, admire them and try to live on it. Reading this book opened my heart, let me realize and ponder on my duties and abilities as a human being. Rinpoche says that if we really believe in our guru (who ever it is), he is always with us. I tried to feel his presence every time and I am so proud to have lived with him for such a long time. Of all the books i have read, this one was a master piece!

4 comments:

  1. hey,, nice one dear.... i think i should also read the book... and i guess i am also going to love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Jamyang. You should. Reading this book is better than reading 10 other books. For me when ever i read that book, I could feel my pulse and my breath. I can at least be mindful when going through the lines which is a great thing for some one like us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard too much of that book but I could never really convince myself to read that book. Some say the book makes you look at death differently, but I can only look at death as the end and I dont want to know anything about it yet.
    I liked the way you shared your experience with the book. Try and convince me to read the book ha ha ah...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Passu sir, Thanks for going through my blog. As of what you think about death, I too thought like that till now. I wrote another piece about the book, please go through it. I know I cant convince you to read that book as you said but I would love if you could read that.

      Delete

The Habit of being Proactive

I've finished reading the first habit of effectiveness, "Be Proactive," and I want to share what I've learned. Being proac...